The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and the City of Whitewater are dedicated to the economic development of the region and offer extensive resources for startups and entrepreneurs. In addition, a network of affiliated companies and educational institutions in southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois provide a range of consultative services and assistance
Business Incubation Services
Innovation Center clients may have access to the following services and resources:
- Business plan assistance
- Business development and strategic plannning
- Management and Training
- Process Improvement
Marketing and Sales
- Public relations support
- Promotion and sales consultation/support
- Search engine optimization
- Social media strategies
- Professional networking
- Research and Development
- Grant Writing (SBIR, STTR)
- University guidance/referrals
- Regional services referrals
One-on-one consulting is offered for business plan development, pre-venture planning, business regulations and licenses, operational planning, product development/prototyping and testing, and contract compliance advice.
For additional information, contact Mark Johnson (Contact Us, 262-472-5290).
UW-Whitewater Business Centers
Innovation Center clients may benefit from university resources and business outreach services. As one of the four colleges at the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, the College of Business and Economics (CoBE) is accredited by AACSB International and serves businesses through a variety of business outreach centers offering faculty and professional staff expertise and employing student interns.
- The Fiscal and Economic Research Center (FERC)
- The Institute for Sales Excellence
- The Institute for Water Business
- The Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- The Wisconsin Innovation Service Center (WISC)
- Wisconsin Center for IT Services (Wi-CITS)
The business outreach centers are located in the Kachel Center on the first floor of Hyland Hall.
Students in Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurial minded students are encouraged to join and participate in the following student organizations:
Business Innovation Ecosystem
A group of interconnected organizations, formed by the interaction of the business community, striving to foster an environment of economic development in Wisconsin.